Landlord Zone

Home Appliance Care is lending a hand to landlords with an easy to book online gas safety check service and a range of information specifically tailored to help landlords meet their legal responsibilities to tenants regarding gas safety.

Am I A Landlord?

Am I A Landlord?

In relation to domestic gas under the gas safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 (GS(IU)R 98), a landlord is anybody who rents out a property that they own, under a lease that is shorter than 7 years or under a licence. Regardless of whether you are a landlord under these regulations (GS(IU)R 98) you may be considered a landlord under other related legislation.

Landlords’ duties apply to a wide range of accommodation, occupied under a lease or a licence, which includes but not exclusively:

- residential premises provided for rent by local authorities, housing associations, private sector landlords, housing co-operatives & hostels.

- rooms let in bet-sit accommodation, private households, bed & breakfast accomodation and hotels.

- rented holiday accommodation such as chalets, cottages, flats, caravans and narrow boats on inland waterways.